- The Magaliesberg Canopy Tour takes you on a journey through the ecology and geology of one of the oldest mountain ranges in the world – estimated to be 2,500 million years old.
Eleven platforms have been built against the cliff and rock faces of the spectacular Ysterhout Kloof, a beautiful gorge carved out of the mountainside, and are joined by long steel cables that you slide along to reach the next platform. Much like a “foefie” slide, the canopy tour essentially involves zigzagging down the kloof while stopping at each platform to admire the expansive views and surrounding ecology.
The Magaliesberg mountains are home to a wide variety of plant, animal and birdlife. Two trained canopy guides assure the safety of each participant while describing interesting facts about the indigenous plants, bird life, ecology and geology of the area.
- Transfer from chosen pick up point to site
- Complimentary bottle of water and snack pack
- Free WiFi in vehicle
- Safety briefing
- All equipment
- A mineral water while on tour
- Fully guided 2 ½ hour tour (10 slides, 11 platforms)
- Light meal and refreshments
- Transfer from site to drop off destination