Terms and Conditions of Service
African Rondi will try in all instances to undertake and complete the request that have been given to us, but it is necessary with our experience to have certain terms and conditions.
- All enquiries can be done during our office working hours: Mondays to Fridays from 08h00 to 17h00.
- Once we have received your enquiry, we will log your information and quote you on the service you are needing accordingly.
- Our 24-hour emergency number is as follows: African Rondi +27 74 373 8816.
- Acceptance of any quotation we have sent to you must be in writing via email to the following email address: email@example.com
- The quoted rates are subject to fuel and statutory increases. We will give you prior reasonable notice of such increases.
- All Toll Fees and fuel are included. No entrance fees are included.
- Transfers before 06h00 and after 22h00 will carry an additional surcharge of 25% of the value of the transfer.
- Prices subject to your final itinerary.
- Invoice or booking confirmation via email issued to passenger, customer or agent, or payment received for transfer/tour is prima facie proof of the agreement of transfer/tour between African Rondi and the passenger.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- It remains the responsibility of the passenger to read the terms and conditions as the confirmation of the booking serves as proof of his/her/their acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions may be subjected to change without notice.
- All reservations remain preliminary until payment has been received where upon the passenger will receive correspondence via email from African Rondi clearly indicating that the transfer has been confirmed.
- Booking confirmations are not transferable and are valid only by the person to whom they are issued and for the date and time shown thereon.
- It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that the correct information reflects on the Booking Confirmation.
- No matter how long in advance your booking has been made, we have it on our schedule.
- Should the passenger make changes to the Original Transfer details (date/time and place); African Rondi might not be able to assist due to us being a pre-booked service.
- For bookings made through Travel Agents, all changes need to be made by the Travel Agent and not the passenger.
- Please ensure that all contact information is correct for us to liaise with the passenger(s). We will send you a SMS and/or WhatsApp with the details of the driver and your transfer 24 hours prior to departure.
- All transfers are door to door. No additional stops will be allowed unless arranged prior with management.
- Any changes to your itinerary or route, or any new/extra bookings must be made with African Rondi and not with the driver.
Terms of Payment
- Full payment is due 24 hours prior to departure, or before commencement of the service on short notice bookings. Long distance transfers and tours must be paid in advance via electronic transfer or unless prior arrangement has been made with African Rondi.
- Method of payment via direct bank transfer or cash. We do have credit card facilities in our vehicles but prior arrangement with management to use this facility is needed.
- We regret that we do not accept cheques.
- We unfortunately do not accept Diners and American Express credit cards.
- Rates are quoted in South African Rand (ZAR).
- Bank charges on international bank transfers are strictly for the client’s account.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Cancellations and Refunds
- All cancellations to be in writing via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a 24-hour cancellation period for airport and/or door to door transfers and for any transfers not cancelled or changed in writing 24 hours before the reserved time, a full cancellation fee will be charged.
- Day excursions and/or tours must be cancelled within 7 days in writing before the reserved pick up time or a full cancellation fee with be charged.
- Third party partners, transfers, purchased tickets reserve the right not to provide refunds for cancellations.
- The following cancellation fees are applicable:
14-20 days 50%
7-13 days 75%
Less than 7 days 100%
24 hours – 7 days 30%
- All no-shows will be billed to the company or individual at the quoted rate.
- There will be no refunds or compensation for wi-fi or air-conditioning system failures on our vehicles.
- If a passenger fails to join a transfer no refund or rebate with be made.
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that sufficient time is allowed to arrive at their destination. At least 2 hours on domestic flights and 3 hours on international flights prior to departure time.
- In the case of a no-show, the full booking fee will be charged and we reserve the right to take immediate legal action should payment not be received.
- The driver will depart from the collection point 15 minutes after the scheduled collection time. Except in the case of airport collections, where we are aware of the time taken to clear customs and/or collect luggage, and when flights are delayed. Please be considerate of the fact that our drivers are working on a fixed schedule and delays affect other paying clients.
- You hereby acknowledge that if our schedule allows the driver to wait longer than 15 minutes, you will be charged R250.00 per hour or part thereof for waiting time.
- We request that you contact us telephonically and/or via WhatsApp +27 74 373 8816 in case of change in flight plans (diverted, cancelled or indefinitely delayed flights).
- If a flight is delayed, we will endeavour to monitor the situation and accommodate the change as we are dependant on information provided to us by the Airport Company of South Africa (ACSA).
- However, we will not be held liable for delays caused should ACSA provide us with erroneous information.
- Unforeseen circumstances may delay our services. We request that clients wait 15 minutes after the scheduled collection time before making alternative arrangements. If your driver is late for collection by more than 15 minutes, you will not be charged for the transfer and refunded if payment was done prior.
- Please ensure we have a mobile number of the passenger(s) so that we can liaise with them should we be unexpectedly delayed.
- As much as we pride ourselves on our reliability and punctuality, unforeseen circumstances may delay or cancel our services without prior notice. African Rondi, their employers, agents, associates and any other person directly or indirectly in the employ or service of African Rondi will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, accident, death, delay or inconvenience to any person/s or their belonging/s. African Rondi reserves the right to refuse to undertake the conveyance of any passenger/s.
- We may make use of other vehicles if, due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, our own vehicles are not available. The vehicle used as a substitution will compare with our own vehicles in style, comfort and reliability.
- Passenger/s are allowed to take onto a service one medium sized suitcase or rucksack, and one small item of “hand luggage” with exception of a passenger with a wheelchair (must be conveyed to booking agent at the time of booking as an extra requirement). We shall have no obligation to carry luggage in excess of the permitted amount (as per standard airline regulations) unless there have been prior arrangements with African Rondi.
- Unaccompanied luggage will not be carried for safety reasons.
- African Rondi carries no responsibility for loss or damage to a passenger’s luggage or personal belongings. We recommend that you take out travel insurance from a reputable insurer against all usual and normal risks of loss or damage.
- African Rondi will not be held liable for any incidents whatsoever to your personal items and luggage.
- Passengers are advised to fully inspect vehicles for personal belongings before departing. African Rondi reserves the right to apply a delivery charge should luggage be left behind.
Health and Safety
- It is a mandatory legal requirement for all passengers to wear seat belts.
- The driver has the right to refuse any client who in his/her opinion is a danger to the driver, vehicle or other passengers.
- In the interest of Health and Safety, African Rondi reserves the right to refuse admission to any of our services where it may hinder the health and safety of fellow passengers.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcoholic beverages, or excessive intoxication by use of alcohol or drugs is NOT permitted on our vehicles under any circumstances and passengers will be refused boarding at the sole discretion of the driver. In the event of the passenger being refused boarding, the passenger will forfeit any right to a refund or compensation. Note that any open alcoholic beverages are forbidden by law in any vehicle.
- You will be held fully responsible for valet and/or repair fees should you/your clients sully or damage our vehicles.
- No animals will be carried on African Rondi vehicles with exception of trained guide dogs accompanying a visually impaired passenger, or by prior arrangement.
- African Rondi will not be obliged to carry a child under the age of 13 years unless that child is accompanied by a responsible adult.
- African Rondi is committed to passenger safety. Each vehicle is insured with passenger liability insurance.
- We only employ drivers that have been issued a Professional Driving Permit (PDP), which is obtained after they pass a medical examination and once a police clearance certificate has been issued.
- Our vehicles are maintained to high specifications and are inspected daily by management to ensure your safety.
- African Rondi reserves the right to outsource any transfers to one of its partners where necessitated by demand. All partners of African Rondi are required to maintain their own insurance and passenger liability cover at all times and the partners jointly and severally indemnify African Rondi against all losses or liabilities which may be suffered or incurred by the client in the course of a transfer. In agreeing to these terms and conditions, the client acknowledges that any claim he/she/they may have in respect of loss/es suffered or incurred of a transfer shall be made directly against the relevant partner/s.
- Travel routes are decided at the sole discretion of the driver. Suggestions are welcome but the driver will decide on the final route, and no discussion to the contrary will be entered into.
- For children under the age of 3 years, a car seat is mandatory. African Rondi offers car seats for children free of charge. Please indicate this when making your reservation.
- We completely respect your privacy at African Rondi and shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA).
- For your convenience, the PAIA may be downloaded by following the link below: www.polity.org.za/html/govdocs/legislation/2000/act.pdf
- We will never sell, rent or give away your name, email or address to anyone. We will use your email address only to communicate with you about your booking and information from African Rondi.
- You agree to indemnify, and hold African Rondi , their contractors, services, product providers and all their respective owners, directors, officers, employees, representatives, proprietors, partners, shareholders, servants, principals, agents, predecessors, successors, assigns and attorneys from and against any and all suits, actions, claims, proceedings, damages, settlements, judgements, injuries, liabilities, losses, risks, costs and expenses (including without limitation attorney fees and litigation expenses) relating to and arising from the use of African Rondi and the African Rondi website, and any communication either verbally or in writing.
- No agents, directors, officers, employees, representatives, proprietors, partners, shareholders, servants, principals, predecessors, successors, assigns and attorneys of African Rondi has the power to amend or waive any of the conditions of this agreement.
- Aspects of decisions and discretions are vested in the CEO of African Rondi.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third party provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timelines, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned or licenced to African Rondi. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
- Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licenced to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of the website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the Republic of South Africa.